Are you needing help right now? Is finding a therapist in your area difficult? Would online therapy work better for you?
You may be feeling isolated, or frustrated because you want help but going to therapy doesn't work for you. Your schedule may be too tight or you are taking care of dependents and getting out is too stressful.
Online therapy can also be a good fit if you are looking for short term feedback or support about a specific issue, rather than diving into childhood pains or traumas.
My online therapy is conducted by telephone. I don't find video chat very effective, but for some issues, the telephone can work really well.
First, we have a free 15 minute phone consultation to see if online therapy is appropriate. You must live in California.
Specific areas of help
- Substance abuse
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Depression and mild anxiety
- Grief and loss
- Parenting and co-parenting after a divorce
- Self esteem and related issues
- 12 step recovery counseling
Online therapy is helpful when:
- You cannot find a therapist in your local area.
- You are a caregiver and getting out is difficult.
- You want to supplement your in-person therapy.
- You feel comfortable with computers and sharing information over the internet.
Online therapy is not recommended when...
- You are experiencing an immediate crisis or feeling suicidal.
- There is a history of serious mental illness.
- You need more support than online therapy can provide.
- You are not comfortable with sharing your feelings on the phone or internet.